Applications for the Fourth AFI Inclusive FinTech Showcase has been opened to offer the opportunity to FinTech and RegTech innovators to showcase transformative solutions which benefit low-income populations in developing countries and emerging markets.
The competition was launched at the 2023 Global Policy Forum organized by the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) Global to look for solutions in at least one of the following themes:
1. Enhance interoperability and cost reduction in digital payments;
2. Boost digital financial literacy and financial health for disadvantaged groups* (*including rural communities, persons with disabilities, elderly persons, and/or forcibly displaced populations);
3. Catalyse access to finance for women and youth entrepreneurs;
4. Leverage data management and analytics for financial inclusion impact; and
5. Strengthen resilience & adaptation for climate-vulnerable populations.
A statement from AFI said the themes were selected based on AFI members’ financial inclusion commitments, policy goals, and global priorities.
AFI has there written to all financial industry regulators across its member countries asking them to rally industry players and young innovators in their respective jurisdictions to apply for the completion.
“We are sharing this message requesting your support to connect with FinTech and RegTech innovators who are making meaningful impact for Financial Inclusion in your respective jurisdictions by:
• Sharing details of the AFI Inclusive FinTech Showcase with your local FinTech and RegTech community, including those already participating in your national FinTech challenges or regulatory sandboxes;
• Forwarding details of the showcase to your institution’s communications department to promote the event through social media and other channels.
• Providing us with the contact details of your local national FinTech association for promoting the AFI FinTech Showcase (reah out to us through firstname.lastname@example.org); and
Further details, including on how to apply, are available on the AFI website: https://www.afi-global.org/newsroom/news/applications-open-for-the-2022-afi-inclusive-fintech-showcase/.
The statement said applications are to be submitted by 17 November 2023, adding that the finalists FinTech/Regtech firms will be given a dedicated slot in February 2024 to deliver a virtual presentation, followed by a question and answer session with AFI’s membership.
“Finalists will also have the opportunity to participate in mentoring and capacity building services offered by AFI’s partner, the Luxembourg House of FinTech (LHoFT),” it said.
For any questions on the AFI Inclusive FinTech Showcase, please reach out to the team supporting this initiative at email@example.com.